The Boardwalk is open select food concessions and retail locations for daily operation.
Local guests are welcome to stroll, sit, shop, and eat. Rides and attractions remain closed due to the existing shelter‑in‑place order.
Please stay safe and follow the regulations.
Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk Response to COVID‑19
We are excited to announce that select Boardwalk food concessions and retail locations will open for daily operation from 11:00am – 7:00pm beginning Saturday, June 6. Local guests are welcome to stroll, sit, shop and eat on the Boardwalk.
Each location will be operated in accordance with existing public health rules and regulations as defined by Santa Cruz County and the State of California.
Please note, at this time the state and local shelter-in-place orders prohibit us from opening rides, arcades, mini-golf and attractions.
All food and retail locations open starting June 6 are in the area between the Colonnade and the Haunted Castle with access to the Boardwalk through our Main Entrance and Entrance 3. Access to the Boardwalk for walking, dining or shopping will be limited to this area.
For June 6, 7, and 8, the following food and shopping locations plan to be open:
- Barbary Coast Restaurant
- Marini's Candies
- Carousel Cones
- World Grill
- Octopus' Garden
Coasters Grill & Patio at the Boardwalk Bowl will also open for daily restaurant service and select quick-serve options will also be available on Aloha Terrace on Beach Street.
In order to ensure the health and safety of our guests and employees the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk has enacted the following protocols:
- All employees will complete a CDC COVID-19 questionnaire and screening prior to the start of their workday.
- Non-invasive wellness and temperature checks for employees as needed.
- Additional screening will be conducted by security for vendors or guests showing symptoms of COVID‑19.
- All guests and employees will be required to wear a face covering in alignment with the existing Santa Cruz County policy.
- Capacity limited and controlled to ensure necessary distancing.
- Six-feet minimum distance for each food location line.
- Managed guest flow with directional signage and distancing markers.
- Seating will be provided but socially distanced and cleaned throughout the day in accordance with local and state regulations.
Sanitization & Disinfection Protocols
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the Boardwalk.
- Increased sanitation of all high touch points multiple times daily.
- Cashless transactions only.
Signage, Communication & Training
- Physical distancing and safety signage at entrances and throughout the Boardwalk.
- Distancing markers placed around the open area to assist guests in maintaining six-foot minimum distancing.
- Implement mandatory health and safety COVID-19 training for all employees.
Food & Beverage Location Specific Protocols
- Plexi shields for food stations installed to reduce close interactions.
- Enhanced sanitizing and wipe downs of all surfaces.
- Safe delivery method of food orders to prevent unnecessary contact.
- All employees are required to wear gloves and masks at all times.
Retail Location Specific Protocols
- Plexi shields at checkout locations.
- Merchandise spaced to enable a safe shopping experience.
- Capacity limited and controlled inside all retail locations.
- Floor markings to encourage social distancing.
Additional Boardwalk Information
Season Passes Extended: Any 2020 Season Passes purchased before the Boardwalk re-opens will be valid for one year from the park's re-opening date. Stay tuned for more information as we approach that date.
The Free Friday Night Bands on the Beach concert series has been canceled for the summer of 2020. We look forward to rockin' the beach again in 2021!
Questions? Please email Boardwalk Guest Services –firstname.lastname@example.org