(Photo courtesy of Getty Images)
Here are the top 10 ways to get MORE 'Likes' on Instagram:
1. Take more selfies. An analysis of 1.1 million photos on Instagram found that pictures that show your face are 38 percent more likely to receive likes
2. Limit yo'self. "Posting too much decreases likes two times faster than comments, only post 1-2 photos a day MAX.
3. Go outside. People respond to colors and brightness,
4. The one hashtag you should never use: #Drunk. Studies show it can decrease likes by 40 percent.
5. The one hashtag you should maybe always use: #NoFilter. Photos with this tag are 10 percent more likely to receive likes. (It doesn't even matter if you're lying.)
6. The optimal number of hashtags on a post is seven, according to social analytics site Piqora.com. (More than that and you can start to seem like a spam bot.)
7. Use custom filters. many top bloggers use outside photo editing software with a greater range of effects.
8. The right angle can make or break your likes. Ask your photographer to shoot up at you,
9. Step aside, Valencia: Instagram's soft black-and-white filter Willow gets more likes than any other on the platform.
10. Images that are predominantly blue receive 24 percent more likes than photos with red or orange hues
This list is courtesy of Cosmopolitan.